Monday 27 June 2011

*Warning, a title to this post cannot be issued due to the fact that the blogger's mind seems to be malfunctioning. Please stand by*

First thing I did when I woke up was to finish reading 'Life of Pi'. Finally! It's an awesome book and I highly recommend it to anyone. The moment I was done with it I went to had it over to my sleepy sister, who humbly accepted it before placing it on her bedside table and resuming her sleep. Unfortunately she did not get to sleep long, you'll know why in a minute.

I turned on my laptop, intent on writing a new blog post since it has been a couple of days since my last one. Before getting down to business I completed the usual routine of checking daily sites for news, email and of course Facebook to see what my friends have been up to. And there I saw that a friend had posted that the first of our results had come out. So it was with shaking hands that I logged on to my student profile on the university website and clicked the link which boldly stated: 'View current Results'.

After which I proceeded to run to my mother to inform her that I had achieved a B+ in Content Analysis and Semiotics, all the while jumping up and down on the spot. After that it was my father's turn to be informed, who nodded at me pleased from the back garden, contently puffing smoke from his pipe. It was at this point that my sister emerged from her room, a confused look across her face. She smiled to the news before wandering off to the bathroom to wash the remaining fragments of sleep from her eyes.

So the long path of waking up each morning, wondering whether the day will bring news of success or failure has finally started. At least we started off on a good note, even though I can't help but feel a tinge of disappointment at the fact that was only two points away from getting an A. Oh well, no use dwelling over things that cannot be changed, that is one of my mottoes (I am way too much of a carefree character to have only one motto, although that is the most frequent one).

Good luck to all of us, wherever it is needed.

Until the next post, this has been R, coming to you from an island somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment