Sunday 3 July 2011

It's been....

...almost a week. My plan is to update this blog at least once a week and since it has not been a week yet I have not broken any (self-imposed) promises, but I still feel a tad guilty for letting this much time slip by. Anyways, I honestly doubt any of you want to hear this kind of useless ramble, so lets switch to a different kind of rambling.

I got another result, this time a B. The subject was 'Media, Society and Culture' and the exam was a nightmare. When my friends and I walked out of the exam, we looked at each other, our faces wearing the same expressions;

Did we ever even go to these lectures? What the hell was that about?


Oh well, thankfully that went well too. Fingers crossed for the other seven results to come.

I also started working this week! I had a meeting with my employer and other students like myself last Tuesday, and now I get to go around interviewing random women about women at work and sexual discrimination. So much fun... I have thirty-three surveys to complete until the 13th of June and so far I've got 13 done. Slow moving work...

On Wednesday I had a barbecue on the beach with friends from the same course. Not everyone showed up, some people were sick and others were too busy with work, but it was fun nonetheless. I probably won't see them in person until I start my third year (if I get there) since we live quite apart, but that's what Facebook is for.

I started reading 'The sword in the stone' for some reason. I had forgotten I even bought the book (it was years ago) and I saw it sitting on the shelf, a blue spine with the owl Archimedes, the name of the author T.H. White written in white on the bottom part. Somehow this made me chuckle so I picked it up and started reading its now yellowing pages. Unfortunately I've been a bit busy so I have only read a couple of chapters, but hopefully I'll find the time to finish it soon.

Anyways, that's all that happened to me lately. No word about the other job I'm supposed to have. I wonder If anything is going to turn up...

No comments:

Post a Comment