Saturday 28 January 2012

So, ACTA huh?

As I was roaming YouTube, like I tend to do when in need of a break, I came across this video that explains in detail what ACTA is all about and exactly how bad things around the internet are going to become.  We can basically bid farewell to freedom of speech and creativity.  I will let the video do the talking, so please just take 6 minutes out of your life to educate yourself.



See, we're screwed aren't we?  This week a treaty was signed regarding this mess, and unfortunately, my country made some bad decisions and signed as well.  The final judgment will be delivered by the European Parliament next June.  


In the meantime, here is how chatting in the future will become if ACTA happens:

A: I'm listening to the radio at the moment, this song came up which I really like.
B: Which one is it?
A: I'm not sure who sings it...
B: Well, what are the lyrics?
A: I can't write down the lyrics online!!
B: Oh right....
A: ...
B: ...
A: Well, it was nice talking to you.
B: Yeah. Bye.


Here comes the waiting game.


P.S. Sorry for the randomness of this post.  I'm facing assignment deadlines but I wanted to spare a couple of minutes to write a blog post. And the couple of minutes are up as of now. B-

No comments:

Post a Comment